I am here: Introduction > Spa Treatment & Wellness in Františkovy Lázně > Spa Treatment in Františkovy Lázně > Springs & Other Healing Resources > Springs & Other Healing Resources in Františkovy Lázně
Springs & Other Healing Resources in Františkovy Lázně
Category: Springs & Other Healing Resources
The quintessential healing resources exploited within the spa treatment in Františkovy Lázně are the mineral springs with temperatures ranging between 9 and 11°C. Some of the 21 springs are used for drinking cures, while others are used in various spa procedures. Their seeps may be found in the numerous colonnades, pavilions and other spa structures scattered throughout the spa zone.
Springs Exclusively Used for Drinking Cures
Some of the mineral springs are used solely for drinking cures. Their waters are taken upon the recommendation of the spa physician in the prescribed quantity, preferably at their natural temperature while strolling along the colonnades.
Františkův pramen (František Spring)
- Even though the oldest mineral spring in Františkovy Lázně was discovered in the late 14th century, it was first captured only in 1793 and named after the founder of the town, Emperor Franz I.
- CO2 content 1000 mg/l, mineralization 1359 mg/l, yield 13.6 l/min.
- The seep of the popular, pleasantly flavoured spring with a slightly laxative effect may be found in the pavilion near Labutí jezírko (Swan Pond).
- CO2 content 2417 mg/l, mineralization 8332 mg/l, yield 2.2 l/min.
- The seep of Glauber II, the effects of which are similar to Glauber I, may be found in the pavilion in Dvořákovy sady (Dvořák Park).
- CO2 content 1441 mg/l, mineralization 5419 mg/l, yield 1.3 l/min.
- Glauber IV is the most powerful of the healing springs due to having the highest content of Glauber's salt in the world. It rises to the surface at the Glauber Spring Hall.
- CO2 content 1534 mg/l, mineralization 20052 mg/l, yield 0.9 l/min.
Luční pramen (Meadow Spring)
- The seep of the Meadow Spring may be found at the Salt and Meadow Spring Colonnade. It is highly favoured for its delicate flavour.
- CO2 content 2568 mg/l, mineralization 3443 mg/l
Pramen Natálie (Natalie Spring)
- The seep of the Natalie may be found at the Natalie Spring Colonnade.
- CO2 content 1917 mg/l, mineralization 1523 mg/l
Sluneční pramen (Sun Spring)
- The seep of the Sun Spring may be found in the vicinity of Labutí jezírko (Swan Pond).
- CO2 content 2105 mg/l, mineralization 7473 mg/l, yield 8.7 l/min.
Solný pramen (Salt Spring)
- The Salt Spring, the seep of which may be found at the Salt and Meadow Spring Colonnade, is also used for the treatment of respiratory disorders.
- CO2 content 2180 mg/l, mineralization 2956 mg/l, yield 0.8 l/min.
Železnatý pramen (Ferrous Spring)
- The seep of this pleasantly tasting ferrous mineral water may be found behind Slatinné lázně (Peat Pulp Spa).
- CO2 content 1998 mg/l, mineralization 2890 mg/l, yield 2.9 l/min.
Pramen Žofie (Žofie Spring)
- The Žofie Spring aids in the treatment of kidney and bladder disorders. Its seep may be found behind the Natalie Spring Colonnade.
- CO2 content 1582 mg/l, mineralization 997.8 mg/l, yield 12 l/min.
Springs Largely Used for Balneological Purposes
Other springs are used not only for drinking cures but primarily for balneological purposes (baths, etc.). With a view to the low temperature of these springs, the water is heated. Similarly to the drinking cure, spa procedures are prescribed by the spa physician.
Luisin pramen (Luisa Spring)
- The Luisa Spring was named in honour of the daughter of Emperor Franz I. Its seep may be found in the pavilion bearing the same name at the edge of one of the spa parks.
- Yield 60 l/min.
Studený pramen (Cold Spring)
- You will find it along with the Luisa Spring at the Luisa Spring Pavilion.
- Yield 60 l/min.
Nový pramen (New Spring)
- The New Spring with a high iron content rises to the surface at the pavilion adjoining the Glauber Spring Hall.
- Yield 21.1 l/min.
Pramen Cartellieri (Cartellieri Spring)
- The seep of the Cartellieri Spring, which is mainly used for baths, may be found near Slatinné lázně (Peat Pulp Spa).
- Yield 80 l/min.
Pramen Palliardi (Palliardi Spring)
- The seep of the Palliardi Spring may be also found behind Slatinné lázně (Peat Pulp Spa).
- The spring bowl of Glauber III may be found at the Glauber Spring Hall. The spring is distinguished by its intensely laxative effect.
Pramen Marian (D-14) (Marianne Spring (D-14))
- The Marianne Spring is mainly utilised for bath therapy and its seep may be found in the vicinity of the Imperial Spa.
Pramen Adler (Adler Spring)
- The spring is named after the founding father of balneology in Františkovy Lázně, Dr. Adler, and its seep may be found at the Salt and Meadow Spring Colonnade. The spring is mainly used for bath therapy.
Pramen Stanislav (Stanislav Spring)
- The seep of the Stanislav Spring may be found in the small park behind the Catholic church. The spring is distinguished by a slightly laxative effect.
Císařský pramen (Emperor Spring)
- The seep of the Emperor Spring may be found near the historical building of the Imperial Spa.
Nový Kostelní pramen (New Church Spring)
- The New Church Spring is the third spring to be found at the Glauber Spring Hall. You may experience slightly laxative effects while taking its waters.
Iron Sulphate Peat Pulp
Another essential healing resource used for various procedures within the spa treatment is the iron sulphate peat pulp. Františkovy Lázně was founded as the world's first peat pulp baths. The peat pulp, forming for centuries in the low moors around Františkovy Lázně, has been exploited for curative purposes since the 18th century. It is specially treated and processed for each procedure, e.g. peat pulp baths, wraps, compressions or peat pulp tampons.
Františkovy Lázně may also boast its own carbon spa. The spa was built near the seep of natural CO2 (carbon dioxide), which is utilised for several procedures.
Favourable Climactic Conditions
The beautiful environment of the historical spa town, with its green parks, surrounding spa woods and clean air, which continuously retains its quality, also contributes to the successful healing of the patients. For this reason, spa walks
constitute an integral part of the overall spa treatment.
Come to Františkovy Lázně for spa treatment and experience the powerful effects of its natural healing resources.
Information Centre Františkovy Lázně