New Colonnade with Gas Bath House in Františkovy Lázně
Category: Spa Architecture region: Františkovy Lázně | Město: Františkovy Lázně
The building of Plynové lázně (Gas Bath House) with its Neoclassicist colonnade has been standing in Františkovy Lázně since 1912. The structure designed by Gustav Wiedermann replaced the original wooden colonnade erected over the seep of the gas spring. Retail space was also constructed in addition to promenade premises to allow the complex to fulfil the function of a shopping centre. The colonnade is covered by a low double-sloping roof supported by Tuscan columns. The open space in front of the colonnade is guarded by two sphinx statues.
- Gas spring
Information Centre Františkovy Lázně